Jacqui Lichtentern is a UKCP registered Gestalt psychotherapist with over eleven years experience, working flexible hours at two practices in central and north London, both easily reached by public transport.
I offer brief, long-term and ongoing therapy contracts with adults as below:
- Individuals: 50 minute sessions, weekly, short term and ongoing contracts
- Couples: 50 or 80 minute sessions, weekly, fortnightly, or as needed
- Psychotherapy Trainees: 50 minute sessions, weekly, as required
What situations can I help you with?
There are many difficulties that can feel overwhelming when struggling with them alone, and meeting with a professional therapist can be a significant first step in finding ways to support yourself with the challenges that are a part of life. These may include:
- Major life events i.e. becoming a parent, starting a new job, moving house, ‘mid-life crisis’, migration and bereavement.
- Personal challenges i.e. depression, stress, panic attacks, anxiety, compulsive or addictive behaviour, relationship difficulties and fertility issues.
- Past events impacting the present i.e. coming to terms with childhood experiences, trauma, abuse, relationships and loss.
- Ongoing issues i.e. sense of feeling ‘stuck’, unhelpful patterns of behaviour, issues of identity & belonging and the meaning of life.
- Relationships i.e. couples wanting help with relationship problems, looking to re-find love and passion, needing extra support during difficult situations or wanting help facilitating separation minimizing potential damage.
- Personal Development an interest in increasing self-awareness, developing your potential, moving towards living a more meaningful and fulfilling life.
What can you expect from therapy sessions with me?
- A safe, contained space for you to share your experience and to be heard in a non-judgmental way.
- We will explore together the situations that are troubling you and focus on increasing your awareness of present moment to moment experiences and any repeated patterns in your life.
- Gestalt therapy is creative, experiential and experimental, and each particular therapist and client will co-create the process together, fine-tuning a balance between support and challenge in our sessions with the potential to develop new perspectives and the opening up of choices and change.
- I work with integrity and compassion, and my intention is to ‘walk alongside’ you using my experience, skills and presence to support you on this part of your life’s journey.
What is a taster session?
- This is an opportunity for you to get a sense of how I work before making a commitment.
- You can talk about what brings you to therapy, what help you’re looking for and ask questions.
- We can look at my standard therapy agreement, clarifying details regarding fees, holidays, cancellations and confidentiality, and discussing what arrangement might be most suitable for you.
- We should have an idea of whether or not I would be the right therapist for you, but you are welcome to take a few days to reflect further, or meet another therapist, before making a decision.
- I also offer an initial 4 week contract, after which we review again about ongoing work.
- It is widely acknowledged that it is the quality of the therapeutic relationship which is key to the process of healing, growth and change, so it makes sense to take time to choose a therapist who ‘fits’ for you.
What is the Gestalt approach?
The Gestalt approach acknowledges the inter-relatedness of all life, recognising the uniqueness of every human as existing in the context of their historical experiences, family, culture, present situations and physical environment.
Encompassing a holistic perspective means that a person is viewed as a complex whole, with all aspects – physical, emotional, psychological, intellectual, social, spiritual etc. – being valued.
My Professional Engagement
I am actively involved in the wider UK and European Gestalt community as current chair of the UK Association for Gestalt Therapy and UK representative on the General Board of the European Association for Gestalt Therapy.
I am committed to my own ongoing personal and professional learning and development, which I get through supervision, conferences, training workshops, reading and peer groups as well as voluntary work (more details below).
I work within the UKCP Ethical Principles & Code of Professional Conduct and the Metanoia Institute Code of Ethics and Professional Practice.
You are welcome to book an initial ‘taster’ consultation at a reduced rate
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07947 163 902